"Secrecy is the freedom tyrants dream of"

Unless we, as caregivers of a person with FASD, as those who live with FASD, as those who work with clients who are affected, speak out loud and often on the topic, unless we share the diagnosis, the trauma, the crises, no-one will hear, no-one will understand, no-one will help. I believe honesty and openness are vital to improving the lives of those we love and are committed to serving.

The view is worth the effort!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm new to this whole Blogging thing!

I am hoping that this Blog will ultimately offer information on items in the news on FASD, notice of upcoming conferences, workshops of relevance, links to other sites on the web and occasionally the ravings of a tired mother! Of course, all this presupposes I will have enough spare time and energy. Hopefully, there will be some humour along the way. Laughter is the key to renewing the vital spark, and it's what keeps us all sane.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea. Thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only do this through the generosity of folks like you who help keep me up-to-date with said info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Shiona, welcome to blogland LOL I'll give you a plug on my blog/s and forum.:)

    Sarah D (MrsL)

    ReplyDelete